You want or need a new car but aren’t sure what to do with the one you already have. Is it a better idea to trade in your current vehicle or try to sell it yourself? The truth is that there are pros and cons to each choice. Which way you decide to go will depend on your goals and a few other factors. Here is some information to help you make the best choice for your situation.
Selling It Yourself
Selling your vehicle yourself can be an involved, complicated process. You would have to:
- Write and place sales ads
- Clean up and even tune up your car
- Take calls, respond to emails, and deal with strangers
- Show the car and provide test drives
- Negotiate with potential buyers
- Handle payment and deal with the title transfer
There are some inconvenient logistics involved with selling a car yourself. For example, most people need a car for daily use so they can’t sell their old car until they have the new one. However, the proceeds from the same might be needed as a down payment for the new car, so selling the old vehicle becomes a necessity. Because of these constraints, selling your old car yourself may not be the best option.
And while you might be able to get more cash for your old vehicle by selling it yourself, most people will agree that the time and effort involved in this activity isn’t worth it. In fact, Integrity guarantees at least $1000 for your trade-in, which could be more than you’d get selling it yourself (and may even be more than what the car’s worth).
Trading In Your Car
Trading in your car is probably the easiest and fastest way to get value for your vehicle (and, with Integrity, the most value).
- You can use the value of your trade-in as a down payment on your new car.
- The process is simple and quick, allowing you to shop for a new car immediately.
- The dealership handles all of the paperwork associated with the sale.
- Dealerships accept cars in any condition, even if there are cosmetic or mechanical issues.
Deciding what to do with your current vehicle is a common dilemma when you determine that it’s time for an upgrade. For most BHPH customers, trading in is a better choice because it is faster, more economical, and just plain easier. When you trade in your car, you can get behind the wheel of your next vehicle that much quicker without having to worry about the hassle of creating a sales listing and meeting with strangers in your spare time.